cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get testing API Login ID and Transaction key to be recognized?

I am working on a new development site that will eventually replace an existing live site. I have a sandbox account that I used last year that I am going to use again.

On the new site, if I understand this correctly, I keep Production selected, not Test, and put in the testing sandbox API login ID and Transaction Key, which is what I did.

There are red x's, not green checks, next to each. How do I get these to be recognized as the correct ones? I've checked my sandbox account for the API Login ID, and generated a new Transaction Key, and that is what I used. I know I can't go any farther until these entries are validated.

Thanks,

Marcy

Marcy
Contributor
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Marcy,

The  API login ID and Transaction Key are relevant to the API endpoint your application is posting to.

Sandbox URL: https://apitest.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api

Production URL: https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api

Where do you see the red and green check marks?

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers
NexusSoftware
Trusted Contributor

Both links gave me the error: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data.

But I'm sure I have the correct API Login ID and Transaction Key for the sandbox.

I tried to attach and paste an image showing the red x's and the green checks, and could not get it to work. They are to the right of white boxes where the entries are, where Authorize.net shows validation of the ID and key. The live site has green check marks and the testing site has red x's. Does this help any, or how to I show you an image?

Thanks.

What type of application are your using to post to the API with?

Do you have a live URL to check out?

To post an image, you need to have it on a server and enter the source URL.

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers
NexusSoftware
Trusted Contributor

I am using Gravity Forms for posting to the API.

The page I've been working on, or trying to, is https://www.ruach1.org/donation/. You can complete and submit it using any test card number to see the error - it is not yet working. I'm not sure if the error is related to the ID and Key question, or if it is a different error. This is all a little confusing.

I'm not going to worry about the image. The red x is to the right of where the API Login ID and Transaction keys are entered on the authorize.net settings page. On a properly working site, there is a green check there, not a red x. It is where the ID and Key is validated. I hope I'm clear enough - I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Marcy

The page at  https://www.ruach1.org/donation/ returns "There was an error processing your credit card. Please verify the information and try again." So if you have entered your sandbox Login Id and Transaction key, it is likely posting to the production URL instead of the sandbox.

You can enable logging of all messages for Gravity Forms core and the add-on, then test the form. Once done, check the logs within the Forms > Settings > Logging or Forms > System Status pages for any errors; particularly those relating to the response from Authorize.net.