cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many days in an Authorize.net month?

How many days equals 1 month?

For example: Is a length and interval of 28 days the same as the length and interval of 1 month?

The reason why I ask is because I need to determine the maximum durration from all of the various subscriptions in a database of products and some items use "days" while others use "months"  I need to convert everything to a common unit so I can compare them.

Thanks,

M

mrbinky3000
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I know they've answered that here previously. I believe in those cases any subscriptions for the 29th, 30th, and 31st will be processed on Feb 28th. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

"Month" means if you set a transaction to start from month from today (the 3rd) and be processed every month then on the 3rd of every month it will be processed. This holds true for 28, 29, 30, and 31 day months. 

I'm pretty sure "28 days" means every four weeks (e.g. 28 days) the subscription will be processed. (If I'm wrong someone at Authnet will let us know).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

stymiee
Expert
Expert

I understand that monthly is an anniversary date, but what happens if you sign up for a subscription on Jan 30th.   February is only 28 days.  What happens then? 

I know they've answered that here previously. I believe in those cases any subscriptions for the 29th, 30th, and 31st will be processed on Feb 28th. 

John's got it right. If you have subscriptions that are on days that don't exist in other months, like the 31st, then in those months, the payment will run on the last day of the month, whatever that may be.

Check out this post or this post for more info.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

I'm still wondering how it will work in this cases:

1. Customer buy monthly subscription 30 January. When he/she will be charged next time? 28 February? But in March it will be 28 or 31?
2. Customer buy monthly subscription 31 January. It will be always last day of the month or: January 31, February 28, March 28?

1. 28th of February, March 30th.

2. Always last day of month.