cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to auth and then captue with a CIM

I am trying to:

1.  Perform an auth with the customer.

2.  After getting the auth, create a CIM for them

3.  Go back and do a priorauthcapture of that auth into the CIM that was created. 

Doesn't work.  I cannot do a priorauthcapture thru the created CIM  since that auth was not created with that CIM profile. I can do a capture from the CIM but that creates another transaction.

I can do an authcapture then create the CIM but  I would like that first transaction to be linked to the CIM

What is the suggested way to handle this scenario.

Thx

glerler
Contributor
12 REPLIES 12

OK - Got this solved.  Below is a snip of the code.  The issue was that with .NET  you need to set the "ValueModeSpecified" to true otherwise the ValidationMode setting is ignored!!  Found that footnote buried in the documentation. After that I got the response.    

Now that had its own issues.  the other directresponses came in a string that I split into a string array and get the info.  

THIS is returned as a  string array already BUT.....in reality the whole response string is the is the first item in the array.  SO.... I had to to that item AND split that to get the responses.!!!!!  There is an 1.5 hrs that isn't billable.  ARGGHH!!!

Thanks for the repsonses 

customerPaymentProfileType[] cards = new customerPaymentProfileType[1] { card };

createCustomerProfileRequest createCustomerProfileRequest1 = new createCustomerProfileRequest();
           createCustomerProfileRequest1.validationModeSpecified = true;
           createCustomerProfileRequest1.validationMode = validationModeEnum.liveMode;
           customerProfileType newProfile = new customerProfileType();
           newProfile.description = memberCustomerInformationManagerPaymentProfile.Description;
           newProfile.paymentProfiles = cards;
           newProfile.merchantCustomerId = memberCustomerInformationManagerPaymentProfile.MemberId.ToString();
           newProfile.email = memberCustomerInformationManagerPaymentProfile.Email;

The a .net thing. anything nullable need to set the "fieldname"Specified on a webservice call.

I have encountered it before!! I didn't retain it for some reason!!! lol. Doh!

Wont forget it now!!