cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to authorize with AIM and create customer profile with CIM?

Hi,

I'm trying to see how exactly I would be able to "authorize only" using AIM and if the authorization is successfull immediately create the customer's CIM Profile/PaymentProfile?

Because I was thinking that since I'm using AIM to "authorize" and I'm not going to save any of the credit card information on my website to be PCI compliant; how would I be able to create the CIM Profile/PaymentProfil if I'm just passing the information using AIM to get an authorization?  Won't this data not be available them for the CIM creation?

How would I be able to successfully create a CIM Profile/PaymentProfile when receiving a successfull AIM authorization?

Thank you,

olimits7

olimits7
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you're using AIM to authorize, you still have the credit card information available to you, since you're passing it internally. If you get back a success, you just use that same credit card info with regular (not hosted) CIM to create a CIM customerProfile. Or create a mostly empty customerProfile and then attach a customerPaymentProfile to it. See the CIM.markdown file in the doc folder of the PHP SDK for example code. Alternately, you could scrap AIM entirely, create the customerProfile, add the customerPaymentProfile with validationMode set to liveMode, and if you don't get an error, generate the authorization via CIM.

View solution in original post

TJPride
Expert
1 REPLY 1

If you're using AIM to authorize, you still have the credit card information available to you, since you're passing it internally. If you get back a success, you just use that same credit card info with regular (not hosted) CIM to create a CIM customerProfile. Or create a mostly empty customerProfile and then attach a customerPaymentProfile to it. See the CIM.markdown file in the doc folder of the PHP SDK for example code. Alternately, you could scrap AIM entirely, create the customerProfile, add the customerPaymentProfile with validationMode set to liveMode, and if you don't get an error, generate the authorization via CIM.

TJPride
Expert