cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to issue a refund when using Accept.js

Hi,

How should we issue a refund, if we created the transaction using the nonce provided by Accept.js ? 

I managed to create the transaction, capture it, void it, but now I'm stuck on Refund. 

Because Refund requires the last 4 digits of the credit card, but I do not have them.. since I did not send the credit card data to my server in the first place. 

Code samples are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Vlad

andronachev2016
Contributor
6 REPLIES 6

So far, the solution I found was to call the getTransactionDetails API, to get the transaction and then use the last 4 digits available there. 

But I was thinking it we can't do this, by using only the nonce.

andronachev2016
Contributor

Hello @andronachev2016

Your method of using the Transaction ID and Expiration data is correct.  It's not possible to refund using the nonce.

Richard

Hi @RichardH

Yesterday when I tried a refund, I got back error code 54 and message: "The referenced transaction does not meet the criteria for issuing a credit.". After a search, I thought this was due to the transaction not being settled (maybe I'm wrong). So I waited 24 hours, and still, right now, the same error message ocurrs. 

The transaction has been captured, and everything should be fine. Do you have more details as to why this happens, maybe I'm missing a step ? 

TransactionId (in sandbox) is: 60007513556

TransactionStatus: capturedPendingSettlement

Thank you,

Vlad

Hello @andronachev2016

We had an issue earlier today that impacted sandbox settlement, but that was corrected and you should see your transactions settling very soon.

Richard

@RichardH,

So I was right then, every captured transaction needs some time to be settled, after it's captured - yes ? 

And how much time is that in general, for further testing ? 

Just like production, the sandbox settles once every 24 hours.

Richard