cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFrame Hosted Accept Profile Button text (hostedProfileReturnUrlText) question

I'm migrating a site from the Old Version Hosted CIM form to the Accept Forms.  I am only concerned with the payment profile management piece. These are hosted in an Iframe and have been working comfortably for years.

This problem that I'm having is that the Token is specifying hostedProfileReturnUrlText = "Return to Payment Page" and the button text is 'Continue' ( the documented default).  There has been no change to the token request in my code.

Can anyone provide a hint?  Has anyone actually changed the text effectively? 

I've looked at the HTML and that text is not bound to the angular scope, but is hard coded like this

<button type="button" id="btnContinue" class="btn btn-default mainButtons"

onclick="window.location = &quot;https://ppstest.trackit-software.com/portal.html&quot;;">

Continue

</button>

Also, I'd like that button to always appear, rather than to appear only after 'Save' operations.  You know, sort of like it was on the prior version.  Any ideas about that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Eric

egbaule
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The documentation states that the paramater can only change the text if you're redirecting to the form (i.e. not hosting in an iframe) and not to pass the parameter if you're hosting in an iframe.

But, you're saying that the parameter did change the name of the button before? That would be odd since the old documentation was equally explicit about not passing that parameter if hosting the form in an iframe. If it worked for you before, it seems like that was a bug.

View solution in original post

Aaron_Actual
Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

The documentation states that the paramater can only change the text if you're redirecting to the form (i.e. not hosting in an iframe) and not to pass the parameter if you're hosting in an iframe.

But, you're saying that the parameter did change the name of the button before? That would be odd since the old documentation was equally explicit about not passing that parameter if hosting the form in an iframe. If it worked for you before, it seems like that was a bug.

Aaron_Actual
Contributor

Arron, Thanks for the pro tip! 

I didn't see that when I looked at the spec.  After reviewing the code, I decided to pass an IFrameCommunications setting. Since I'm not taking data back from the process it wasn't required previously, but since the spec calls for it, I complied.

I am happy to say that despite the spec, the text of the button is now under my control.  Now if only I could control the visibilty so that it was always present.  Your reply is still the solution to this issue. 

My granddad used to say "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see."

I guess that applies to specs as well.

Eric