cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Sandbox - pre-auth using zip 46282 to force decline

While testing in the sandbox, I put through a sales transaction using a pre-auth code, but also using the 46282 zip to force a decline transaction.  The transaction came back successful.  Will an pre-auth code always override the use of the 46282 zip to force a declined transaction?

SAHeath
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @SAHeath

Which card brand did you use, and was a transaction id returned?

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Richard,

I used AMEX brand, and yes, a transaction ID was returned.

Thanks...

Scott

@SAHeath, do you get the same result using a Visa card?

Richard,

I attempted another transaction using a VISA, and recieved the same result.  An approval with a Trans ID returned.

Scott

@SAHeath, I've reported your issue to the product team for analysis.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

@SAHeath Could you provide some sample transaction IDs for these transactions so we can look further?

Richard

@RichardH,

I work with @SAHeath. Here are the trans id's to the 2 cases mentioned above.

2254346086- Visa  

2254329831   - AMEX

Thanks!

@RichardH,

No further investigation needed.  After looking into the history of our transactions, the case we were trying to test was determined to have never happened in the past.  We have have dropped the test for that scenario from our testing script.

Thanks,

SAHeath

@SAHeath I am having the same issue too. we can't simulate declined transaction on sandbox environment. 

Transaction Ids : for which i received Success on sandbox : 

trn_321dc971-66ce-4e91-a70d-07aed418c8e3
trn_3528aaf4-41ff-4e89-b643-2da0eec8bda8

trn_b782586b-598c-473f-a804-439e90f23485

Credit Card used for above transactions :

master card, customer token for it : P6jTykm5TiO5jgUTDtGSPA 

Zip used : 46282