cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In which instance would validation with CIM be necessary?

I understand what the validation modes do, but I'm uncertain as to why I'd need to validate a card. The authorization that takes place along with a payment seem like it's enough, so i'm leaning toward turning this off.

Is there a scenario that someone could tell me about when validation would be necessary? I believe that validation can take place when a card update to the profile happens, so if that is so I can see card validation being useful since it won't update the profile if it's invalid (I'm guessing...).

Running a validation on a new profile along with a separate authorization seems redundant though.

jaredsmark1
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

If you going to make a authorization right always, then maybe no. The point was not to saved an invalid payment profile. There a max of 100 payment profile per customer profile account.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

If I've got it turned off completely and a profile is created when a transaction goes through, if the info was wrong then that means there will be a bad profile sitting around, right?

I guess this feature is for keeping things less cluttered, or something.

jaredsmark1
Contributor

Yes, it either validation before saving or you have to clear up invalid payment profile later.