cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial payment with Monthly ARB

I've seen a lot of conflicting information in both the docs and on the forums regarding this question I have.

If I perform ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest and create a subscription, will it charge the credit card? Or do I have to do a seperate transaction for the initial charge?

From the doc website:

"Start Date—The date that the payment gateway will first charge the customer's account (cannot be in the past)."

If ARB does not initially charge the card, how do I go about that? If i need to use AIM then how do I pass subscription ID along with it for the silent post?

Basically my silent post handles all the processor <-> application logic ultizing the subscription_id and customerId.

Koutarou
1 REPLY 1

If I perform ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest and create a subscription, will it charge the credit card?

No. ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest  only create a subscription

Or do I have to do a seperate transaction for the initial charge?

Yes

If ARB does not initially charge the card, how do I go about that? If i need to use AIM then how do I pass subscription ID along with it for the silent post?

You don't, AIM does not know anything about the ARB. For AIM, you don't need silent post, just read the response back. Or use a merchant defined field

RaynorC1emen7
Expert