cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Authorize.Net into Joomla

Hi, 

I need to integrate the Authorize.Net payment gateway into my client's joomla cms site. Here is the link for my client's site. Just to breakdown the workflow I am trying to achieve, the user selects the trash pick-up service they want, fills out the form, clicks "Place Order", and then should be redirected to the Authorize.Net payment gateway. Currently, the user is redirect to the Payeezy payment gateway,  so it's the workflow we want, but we need to change payment gateways for other reasons. The client likes the UI of the current forms they have, so that needs to remain the same, I just need to find a way to make all these "Select a service" forms to redirect to the Authorize.Net payment gateway to complete the transaction. My question is do I utilize the Authorize.Net API to achieve this? And which one? I have been reading this API documentation, and it sounds like what I want to do. I prefer not to find some joomla extension to do what I need to do, as it may not be compatible with the form component that the client wants to keep using, and they can cause other issues as well. There is also not a lot of support on how to achieve what I am trying to do with the few extensions that are out there. So back to the Authorize.Net Accept Hosted API - is it just a matter of implementing the listed steps 1-3 in the right place on the backend of the joomla site by making code customizations? I know the joomla cms like most others is a PHP based platform, so I figured as far as the getHostedPaymentPageRequest I would just use the sample PHP code that is provided there, and implement it where the user clicks "Place Order" on the "Select a Service" form. I am also confused as to where and how the site connects to the merchant processor, is that established some where on the client's live Authorize.Net account? As you may be able to tell, I am knew to all of this. I have done several hours worth of my own research on this and just found a lot of it overwhelming, and I'm just looking for a push in the right direction. I appreciate all feedback. Thank you.

QHunt
1 REPLY 1

I have been doing research for almost 2 weeks now on how I can integrate the Authorize.Net API into Joomla, can anyone provide support for this? The authorize sdk for php github documentation is confusing me because of the whole composer thing which just doesn't make sense to me, I am not working with some local project, I have to implement this into a site that is already live and I've found absolutely nothing that can help me understand how to integrate this into a cms. I do have FTP access and there has to be a way to do it from there. Again, I really just need to redirect my users to the Authorize.Net payment gateway after a form submission. I would appreciate any help I can get.

QHunt