cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating My Billing System to an existing Authorize.net customer

Background - My billing system company just signed up an existing Authorize.net customer that charges its subscribers different (variable) amounts each month.  The customer stores some of its subscribers credit card data on Authorize.net and have been manually processing invoices against the stored cards.  We have their API credentials for authorize.net because our system allows their subscribers to come into a portal, enter a credit card number and we process payments through Authorize.net.

Challenge - the client wants us to charge the stored credit card data in their existing Authorized.net account.  Based on what I've seen, we should create a method on our system to push transactions out to authorize.net (which is no issue) on either an automated or manual basis but the question I have is what do we need from the client in terms of authorize.net identifiers and/or can someone point me to some code that will trigger authorize.net to charge the stored credit cards in the amounts we need charged. and then get the responses we need to post to our billing system like we get for the one off charges from the crdit card portal.

Hope this is clearly explained.

GP6000
1 REPLY 1

Hello @GP6000

Your task should be relatively straightforward using our API.  To populate your system, you'll need to get a list of existing customer profile ids and then cycle through each to obtain a list of payment profile ids to store in your system.

1. getCustomerProfileIdsRequest
  2. getCustomerProfileRequest
  3. createTransactionRequest

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator