cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating eCheck into Bigcommerce...Help

I am trying to find someone who is familiar with eCheck.net and integrating that into a Bigcommerce store as eCheck is something that Bigcommerce says will need a developer to do.  Not sure where to turn for that person and stumbled upon this discussion group.

Any reccommendations?  

Thank You,

Dani

Dani
8 REPLIES 8

Using BigCommerce, there are number of ways to achieve the accepting of checks via Authorize.net.

An eCheck transaction is similar to a credit card transaction because it uses the createTransactionRequest API call, with the difference being the paymentType element contains a bankAccount section instead of creditCard.

In any case, you would need to have an application set up on your own or another server, for the purpose of creating transactions via Authorize.net's API and updating orders via BigCommerce's API, as BigCommerce doesn't allow the running of your own applications.

The relevant Order fields to be updated on BigCommerce would be:

status_id
payment_method
payment_provider_id
external_source

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers
NexusSoftware
Trusted Contributor

First of all, thank you very much for responding.  

When you say BigCommerce doesn't allow the running of your own applications does that mean I cannot hire someone to go in to change the coding inorder to get the site as I want it?  (sorry, my knowledge in thie is very limited).

In reguards to having it set up on my own or on another server, is that a diffucult/time consuming task for someone who has knowledge of Authorize.net development?

Sorry, one last question....Is there a way you know of how to accomplish eCheck similar to Chainpay for Bitcoin?  Chainpay generates a bit of code to put into the Offline Payments instruction box (where instructions would be input if I chose to accept Money Orders).  Somehow it registers once customer has paid using bitcoin back into Bigcommerce.  The order is automatically switched from 'Awaiting Payment' to 'Awaiting Fullfillment'.

Hi,

You are able to modify the template files at BigCommerce, which is what would enable you to integrate the acceptance of e-checks, by using Javascript or an iframe, exactly there, in the Offline Payments instruction box. They just don't let you run the type of applications that you would need to interact with the API.

It is not very difficult or time consuming to set up this type of application on your own server.

The results would be similar to Chainpay for Bitcoin, in that an Order status would be able to be updated, based on a successful transaction.