cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Invalid OTS Token Errors (E00114)

We have started to get intermittent "Invalid OTS Token" errors today when creating a new user profile.  Most of our attempts to create a user profile work fine and, prior to today, we recieved an occaisional error every couple of weeks.  We have found that if a customer gets this error (nine so far today) and they refresh the checkout page to initiate a new transaction, their next attempt works fine.

Is anyone else seeing an uptick in these errors today?  Any good way to mitigate?  

DoomHamster
Contributor
56 REPLIES 56

@RichardH

I have sent you a pretty basic log of successes and errors for the time period where we were affected.  We haven't had near the volume that @dbroome has experienced but, as a percentage of new payment profile creation attempts, it was just shy of 50%.

Haven't had one in 30 minutes.  Looks like they got it.  Thanks for that!

I would like to level-set expectations here.

While we are closely monitoring the situation, we still need to make internal infrastructure changes to fully resolve this issue. We're already planning the necessary changes, and hope to fast-track these changes given the impact. It's hard to give an estimated release date at this point, but we're actively working on it.

In the meantime, there is still a chance of intermittent E00114 errors. Please do report those as you have been, just to be on the safe side. Thanks.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.

will do.  Thanks for the follow up.

FYI, It began again at 7:15 PM and appears to have occurred until 8:24 when it stopped.

We started seeing these errors on May 2 as well. The first one I saw was at 9:17 am ET. There were several instances through 1:43 pm ET. Then it went away for a while. We experienced a few more from 8:04 pm through 9:06 pm ET. We have not seen any yet for May 3.

bduvall

Looks like we had another small batch of errors at the same time that @dbroome and @bduvall did so you guys must have been tweaking things at that time.  None since 18:40 MDT last night.

We are seeing these errors as well

We've had three today (2017-05-09) at 09:50, 10:02, 10:20 (MDT).

Previously,  we had 14 of these on 2017-05-07, starting 04:21 (MDT) and ending 10:04 am (MDT)

This is on our production system. It is intermittent (~8% of our transactions).

Should we call tech support and escalate?

@nols-eng-mgr

Yes, contact customer support if you experience E00114 in your production environment.

Richard

Hi we've been having this issue intermittently too. We created a ticket with support and this is the response we got.

We have received your response stating the error is occurring on your production servers. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

From Gaiel's previous response, this is the information the developer will need in order to resolve this error message on your production servers:

"<!-- For Production, use: -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://js.authorize.net/v1/Accept.js" charset="utf-8"></script> "

We apologize, but we are not trained in web development or integration, so our ability to answer developer/integration related questions is limited. If you need further assistance, we have created developer forums for web programmers to assist each other. It is possible another developer can assist you there:

https://community.developer.authorize.net/

We've verified that the correct Accept.js script is being used.

I'm not sure what we should look at next.