cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent SSL errors

Processing transactions through ActiveMerchant in Rails and I'm getting similar errors that were mentioned in this post:

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Intermittent-SSL-errors-with-AI...

The actual error is:

SSLError (SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed)

Could it be a problem with the certificate on secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll ?

Thanks.

billymfh
6 REPLIES 6

We are having the same issue with same error as of this morning.  Confirm that Auth.net just did something to their network servers per the CS rep, have a ticket open and have been on hold for over 40 minutes trying to get an update.

Pragoolo

Same problem.  Spoke with a rep.  Said they did some changes to their infrastructure which involves http header content encoding.  Now none of our merchants is able to process transactions via AuthNet.

The worst part is that they are teling our merchants that WE have to update the Entrust cert on our servers.  Production servers, Tuesday morning, zero head notice - are you kidding me?

Anyway, please post any more info you get.  Thank you.

Problem Resolved!!!  Nice work AuthNet for respondng quickly.  Akthough I must say this entire thing was unneccesary.  Please accept this as contructive feedback.

How did you fix this, guys? I'm using ActiveMerchant too and getting that error. 

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to just confirm that we did update to a newer SSL certificate. After realizing that some of our merchants were unable to validate the new certificate, we rolled back and investigated the issue.

That investigation is now complete and we will be rolling forward with the update again, but we have updated the newer SSL certificate with additional chains of trust that should prevent these validation issues.

How many hours did it take to correct this problem?