cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection issue (AIM) - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

We have been experiencing an intermittent problem posting transactions to the AIM interface since this morning.

Has anyone else been having an issue?

ralexander
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @ralexander 

What kind of web server/SSL framework are you using?

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

.NET 4.0

If it was an SSL issue, I would expect all transactions to fail.

I too have been having a similar experience which started around 8:30AM PST today.

Sporadically, attempts to POST to 

https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll have been failing.  We are using a PHP stack and making the connection via CURL (Curl version 7.27.0, SSL version NSS/3.14.0.0, Zlib version 1.2.5, libSSH version libssh2/1.4.2).  CURL gives us the error #56, "TCP connection reset by peer".  In all of the cases we've seen so far the transaction does go through and is visible in the Unsettled Transactions tab of the Authorize.net web portal, however we receive no result through CURL due to the error.

I can provide transction #s if that is helpful.

I've contacted support and they provided me some links about setting up request compression properly.  I'm going to work through that and see if that fixes it, although I would expect if it were due to that to see it happening consistently.

Agreed.  This issue has been happening since very early this morning.  Before 2am EST as far as we can tell.   We are using java and from what we can see, the connection is being dropped before the response is sent back.   it is sporadic.

We have contacted Authnet support and they are looking into it.   We have been trying to troubleshoot this and/or provide info for them for at least 5 hrs now.   It is still occurring and causing major problems for our business.

Please let us know if anyone finds a way around this or hears any updates.

Thanks

Hello everyone

We are monitoring this thread and sharing any additional details you provide to customer support as well.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

It's been happening to us and others too, though we're using CIM. (Sometimes the CIM connection terminates unexpectedly; other times, we get an E00001 No transaction response; I'm pretty sure CIM just relays to AIM underneath, so that could be consistent behavior among their systems.) Other similar reports on Twitter: https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=authorizenet&src=typd

I had a Live Chat agent "escalate" it a few hours ago, but I don't expect we'll receive any kind of acknowledgement, update, or root cause analysis from Authorize.Net based on their previous behavior in such outages -- we can just wait for it to start working again. Because it is intermittent, it'll be hard to know when it's resolved.

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to https://api.authorize.net/soap/v1/Service.asmx. This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartReading(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.TlsStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)

npiasecki
Regular Contributor

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Richard

We haven't seen a failure since 2:55 pm EDT.

What was the resolution?

Our last instance of this was around 2:45PM EDT.