cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Login, working on the old site and a new site using SAME code base

How on earth this is happening, I don't know.

On a new authnet site account we have our code base working flawlessly with our shopping cart application. On the SAME code base, one where I am printing out the assembled CURL post params, we are getting:

"The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive."

The account is of course active, and the login params are correct. On the old site I can process a live payment using the same login credentials.

Is there anything else that could cause this error? Something is wrong, clearly, but I cannot see anything obvious in the generated URL (removed tran, cc, and login keys):

x_delim_data=TRUE&x_zip=12345&x_address=1+Main+St.&x_tran_key=1234&x_amount=30.0&x_type=AUTH_CAPTURE&x_test_request=FALSE&x_card_num=1234&x_exp_date=102015&x_version=3.1&x_delim_char=%7C&x_invoice_num=573bb1d5-f782-4e1b-9&x_first_name=James&x_method=CC&x_last_name=Test&x_login=

virtualeyes
3 REPLIES 3

In fact, if I simply supply the x_login and x_tran_key params to test url:

https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

I get the invalid login error. What can you do, this is copy-paste data, no invisible chars, etc.!

Unbelievable, have never hit this in previous 4 authnet accounts, what a nightmare, makes NO sense....

virtualeyes

Is  this a test account or production account?

The error point to x_login is wrong, can you double check it in the merchant account?

Got it sorted, complete nightmare ;-)

I created 2 new tran_keys yesterday via authnet control panel. I did NOT select the checkbox to delete the old tran_key, electing instead to let the old tran_key expire in, as the small print states, 24 hours.

At least one authnet rep. I spoke to said, sure, no problem, you can have both the old and new tran_key running at the same time.

Apparently not, after creating a new tran_key AND deleting the old, voila, everything works

5 hours of pure, bleary eyed joy that was....