cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Live Environment Down? Keep Getting "Error connecting to AuthorizeNet" Since Friday!

Hi,

I just noticed in my logs that I keep getting an "Error connecting to AuthorizeNet" message since Friday; is the "live" environment down?

I tested my sandbox environment and it works fine; so I'm not sure why this issue is happening on the "live" environment.

Thank you!

olimits7
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @olimits7

If you are using our PHP SDK and have not updated since May 2015, you will likely need to update your cert.pem file. https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sdk-php/tree/master/lib/ssl

As a reminder, we encourage developers to keep their platforms, services and tools up to date.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @olimits7

If you are using our PHP SDK and have not updated since May 2015, you will likely need to update your cert.pem file. https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sdk-php/tree/master/lib/ssl

As a reminder, we encourage developers to keep their platforms, services and tools up to date.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi @RichardH

Yes, that worked...thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Regards!

What changed?  How do I fix this same issue.  The other user seemed to understand what you suggested, but I could use more instruction than what you gave him.  Are there instructions somewhere?  The gitub link was not clear to me.

Same here as with ryantmoore... Chat Help sent me to that link, but I have no clue what to do with it. How do we install the new certificate?

@ryantmoore @jwcarlton

You should be able to copy the cert.pem file to the same location in the SDK on your system.

Richard

@RichardH wrote:

@ryantmoore @jwcarlton

You should be able to copy the cert.pem file to the same location in the SDK on your system.

Richard

How do I find the "location in the SDK"? I set up my Authorize.net system in 2011, so I'm lost.

I have a file named "cert.pem" at "/anet_php_sdk/lib/ssl". Is this what I'm replacing? Is it just an issue of opening the file in Notepad, pasting the new one, then re-uploading it?

There's also "am_private.pem" in the directory with my processing script.

@ryantmoore, I think I figured it out.

I went to /anet_php_sdk/lib/ssl and found cert.pem on my server. I downloaded that for a backup, then opened the original in Notepad. Then I just copy-and-pasted from the link that Richard gave, replacing the original text.

A few areas of concern:

1. I had to save it as Unicode, where the default was ANSI; and

2. The original PEM filesize was 15,360 bytes, where the new one was 8,783 bytes.

But I uploaded the new one, anyway, then ran my original script... and it worked, no more issue :D

I am having same issue.  I downloaded the newest SDK, which has the new PEM file.  I am still getting the error?  Any suggestions? What could I be missing?

I even pased the file contents from the site into the pem file for good measure with the same  result. Error connecting to Authoirizenet.