cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to verify a public key is correct?

I am developing proprietary software for a client that has a simple interface for entering their merchant account info so that throughout the software it can be accessed without altering code. I want my client to be able to click a button that will tell them if the public key they entered is legitimate to prevent typos that would eventually lead to actual transaction errors if not caught upon entry. I'm programming on the back-end and would like a way to hit your API that will allow me to verify that the publishable key entered is legitimate. Currently to achieve that I'm attempting to use Guzzle to hit the sandbox api tokenization method. This is usually something I'd hit using Accept.js but I figured I could use Guzzle to send a JSON request. I've tried to do this without success, whether it is because it is impossible or because I am formatting my request wrong. I'd greatly appreciate help in formatting such a request, or alternatively another method of verifying a public key. I realize there is an authenticate endpoint accessible from PHP SDK on the API Reference ("Test Your Authentication Credentials") however this does not verify the public key.

Thank you for your time.

fivable
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @fivable

The public clientKey is available programmatically through Get Merchant Details API method.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @fivable

The public clientKey is available programmatically through Get Merchant Details API method.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Fantastic! Thanks so much

thanks