cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an api call to get the ARB email information

Hi Everyone,

I am pretty new to this product and need to create some integrations.  We make use of the ARB functionality and I saw that there are some great emails sent out when something happens (such as subscriptions or credit cards that are about to expire).  My question however is whether such information can be accessed thru some means other than email.  Is there a query or api call I can do that would get me the same information or is the only way to parse the emails?

Thanks,

Willie.

anniekees
7 REPLIES 7

You can get an ARB subscription status using the ARBGetSubscriptionStatusResponse API call but of course that won't do you any good until after the subscription is suspended. Other then that you can only really monitor subscriptions via those emails. You can sort of keep track of the subscriptions using Silent Post and the Transaction Details API but they won't really tell you when a subscription is about to expire, etc, like those emails will. Of course you can keep track of when a customer's card is about to expire in your database as well, if you don't mind the extra overhead and the potential PCI compliance issues depending on how you implement that system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Kind of defeats the purpose of using ARB if you're going to store credit card data in your own system. Don't even mention that as an option. About all you can do is set up a Silent Post page and detect transaction failures, then update the subscription status in your db and send the customer an email with a link to a page where they can update their credit card info (obviously, with some sort of hash code and/or user login for security purposes)

Thanks for your replies TJPride and stymiee.

This is a bit of a downer to say the least.  Is there a way to file a feature request?

But moving toward an automatic solution:  are there any examples of the emails that are sent so I can start to think about a parser for them?

Thanks again for your help!

Willie.

anniekees

The Authorize.Net team follows these forums and makes a note of all feature requests so you can be sure they'll make a note of this. That doesn't mean it is going to happen, or if it is that it is going to happen soon, but it is something they will consider. They are always looking to improve their products.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

Just in case someone is also looking for the ARB email samples I ended up finding them here:

http://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A497&actp=LIST_POPULAR

anniekees

Hey Willie,

Glad you found what you needed in our Support Center. But I'm also forwarding your feedback to our development teams anyway. That'd be a good feature!

Thanks for the feedback.

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Awesome!  I look forward to being able to ditch this parsing code I am writing right now :)

Thanks,

Willie.