cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Accept Hosted / Customer Profiles when billing / shipping addresses are required

Hi - I'm using the accept hosted iframe form with customer profiles enabled. Shipping / billing addresses are visible and required in the hosted form account settings. When a user makes a payment they are given the option to store their payment information and this all works fine for the initial payment. However, if a user then attempts to make a second payment and elects to use their stored payment information, a red validation message indicating that shipping information is missing appears. Since they elected to use saved payment information, no shipping / billing info shows up on the form and they have no way to submit or edit this information (which I assume is stored in the customer profile anyway). How do  I allow the customer to pay using their stored payment information in this situation?

Thank you!

krazzy
7 REPLIES 7

I went a little further with this. The exact error message is "Ship To First Name is Required". I've confirmed that there IS shipping address associated with the CIM data for the user making the paymnet. I've tried several things including:

1) Creating the shipping information using accept suite.

2) Setting the shipping profile as default.

3) Setting shipping to not required when making the getHostedPaymentPage call (keep in mind that my client says that this MUST be required in the account hosted payment settings so I can't change this).

Still receive the same error.

krazzy

Hello,

Each customer profile that is created is automatically assigned a Customer Profile ID, along with a Payment Profile ID for each payment method, and if applicable, a Shipping Profile ID for any shipping addresses. If they have entered incomplete information, they can update the profile at any time.

To create a customer shipping address, you would use a createCustomerShippingAddressRequest API call with the customerProfileId:

{
    "createCustomerShippingAddressRequest": {
        "merchantAuthentication": {
            "name": "xxxxxxx",
            "transactionKey": "xxxxxxxxx"
        },
        "customerProfileId": "10000",
        "address": {
            "firstName": "Mary",
            "lastName": "Smith",
            "company": "",
            "address": "123 Main St.",
            "city": "Bellevue",
            "state": "WA",
            "zip": "98004",
            "country": "USA",
            "phoneNumber": "000-000-0000",
            "faxNumber": ""
        },
        "defaultShippingAddress": true
    }
}

Updating a customer's shipping address is done with an updateCustomerShippingAddressRequest API call. The relevant JSON is below:

{
    "updateCustomerShippingAddressRequest": {
        "merchantAuthentication": {
            "name": "XXXXXXX",
            "transactionKey": "XXXXXXX"
        },
        "customerProfileId": "10000",
        "address": {
            "firstName": "Mary",
            "lastName": "Smith",
            "company": "",
            "address": "123 Main St.",