cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Issue with UpdateCustomerPaymentProfile and Masked Expiration Date

I am having an issue with UpdateCustomerPaymentProfile and Masked Expiration Date

The docs say to use the Get function to get the profile first then use that response in the request for the update only updating the fields needed. However when I try setting 

request.paymentprofile = response.paymentprofile

I get a runtime error saying they are not the same type.

The docs also say that I can pass the expiration date as the masked "XXXX" but when I do that I get the following runtime error.

The 'XXXX' value does not respect the XSD diagram.

My development enviroment is WebDev by pcSoft, not PHP etc.

Any suggestions?

PeteHalsted
3 REPLIES 3

the type is different. from the doc http://developer.authorize.net/api/cim/

WSDL https://api.authorize.net/soap/v1/Service.asmx?WSDL

get use CustomerPaymentProfileMaskedType

update use CustomerPaymentProfileExType

you will need to get into the components detail level and pass those fields.

The docs also say that I can pass the expiration date as the masked "XXXX" but when I do that I get the following runtime error.

How did you pass that?

what are you updating?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

I am unable to use the Response from the Get directly. Anytime I try to move one of those fields from the get response to the get request, I get an error about the types not matching. I believe this is an issue with the pcSoft WebDev enviroment.

I have all the data from a previous get, and just setup my own request structure, by when I try to assign "XXXX" to the expirationdate I get the errror about it not matching the XSD.

I have done testing, and if I modify the WSDL and define the ExpirationDate as s:string instead of s:gYearMonth, then I am able to call the function and all works fine, if I send the MASK data "XXXX" then it doesn't change the original and if I send a new date (2016-09) it updates correctly. So I can work around this issue but it requires me to modify the WSDL

It work in asp.net with the masked 'XXXX' date. could be how they implement it in WebDev by pcSoft