cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java: HttpClient execution failed

A couple weeks ago on our production server, we started getting this Java stack trace error out of the blue when trying to post CIM transactions from our web application:

12:55:55,543 ERROR HttpClient:268 - HttpClient execution failed
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.authorize.cim.Transaction.addExtraOptions(Transaction.java:673)
	at net.authorize.cim.Transaction.createCustomerProfileTransaction(Transaction.java:951)
	at net.authorize.cim.Transaction.toXMLString(Transaction.java:719)
	at net.authorize.util.HttpClient.createHttpPost(HttpClient.java:69)
	at net.authorize.util.HttpClient.executeXML(HttpClient.java:200)
	at net.authorize.Merchant.postTransaction(Merchant.java:295)

Does anyone know where I can find the source code for the net.authorize.cim.Transaction class to figure out why this error is occurring? Or does anyone have any insight into why I might be getting a "HttpClient execution failed" message?

Thanks!

BLangB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, source code does not seem to be available for Java there -- only the compiled Java classes are in the JAR file that can be downloaded via the link. (C# seems to be the only language that has source code available?)

I'm still interested in obtaining the source code. However, on a brighter note, posting here caused me to look at an obvious part of the stack trace that I had ignored: specifically, the line related to "extra options". The only extra option I was setting was the client IP address: "ip_address".

net.authorize.cim.Transaction cimTransaction = merchant.createCIMTransaction(TransactionType.CREATE_CUSTOMER_PROFILE_TRANSACTION);

cimTransaction.addExtraOption("ip_address", s_clientIpAddress);

Result<net.authorize.Transaction> cimResult = (Result<net.authorize.Transaction>) merchant.postTransaction(cimTransaction);

Commenting out the line where I set the IP address information succeeded in solving my issue. I have no idea why, and I have no idea why that code would have suddenly stopped working.

View solution in original post

BLangB
3 REPLIES 3
RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, source code does not seem to be available for Java there -- only the compiled Java classes are in the JAR file that can be downloaded via the link. (C# seems to be the only language that has source code available?)

I'm still interested in obtaining the source code. However, on a brighter note, posting here caused me to look at an obvious part of the stack trace that I had ignored: specifically, the line related to "extra options". The only extra option I was setting was the client IP address: "ip_address".

net.authorize.cim.Transaction cimTransaction = merchant.createCIMTransaction(TransactionType.CREATE_CUSTOMER_PROFILE_TRANSACTION);

cimTransaction.addExtraOption("ip_address", s_clientIpAddress);

Result<net.authorize.Transaction> cimResult = (Result<net.authorize.Transaction>) merchant.postTransaction(cimTransaction);

Commenting out the line where I set the IP address information succeeded in solving my issue. I have no idea why, and I have no idea why that code would have suddenly stopped working.

BLangB

anet_java_sdk-1.4.6.zip\anet_java_sdk\src\main\java\net\authorize\cim\Transaction.java

s_clientIpAddress is probably NULL.