cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest on Soft Descriptors

What is the latest on the implementation of Soft Descriptors?  I have seen threads with the promise that you had Soft Descriptors on the enhancement list going back to 2014.  Recently I saw a response to a thread that seemed to indicate that they were either being worked on or had been deployed but documenation had not been developed yet.  Can you please clarify where you are on this critical functionality for us?

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @PlaybookSports,

A soft descriptor is currently supported only for merchants that have TSYS configured as their backend processor. Other processor support should be coming in the future.

For information on how to use, you can search for merchantDescriptor in our API Reference Guide.

Aaron
All Star

I use TSYS and I sent a couple of transactions with merchantDescriptor and the descriptor did not change.  Is there someone who can look up the transactions and tell me why they didn't work?  Does something need to be activated for merchantDescriptor to work?

Also, I can't find anything about merchantDescriptor in the API Reference Guide.

Thanks

I use TSYS and tried some transactions using merchantDescriptor and the discriptor did not change.  Is there someone who can look at the transactions and tell me why it did not work?  Does something need to be activated for merchantDescriptor to work?

Also, there doesn't seem to be any info on merchantDescriptor in the API Reference Guide.

Thank you.

We are in the same boat. Cannot find any information about MerchantDescriptor. Authorize.net phone support has no idea what it even is.

We are likely moving our account to Braintree since this feature is supported and has been for years unless something changes soon.

Can you please provide more information? There is nothing about merchantDescriptor in the API Reference Guide. 

Can you please provide more information? There is no mention of merchantDescriptor in the API Reference Guide. 

Any updates on this? I need this feature as well.

huangez