Integration and Testing

Authorize.Net API questions and help with your payment integration.

Accepted Solution

Limits on parallel CIM API transactions?

I searched the guides, terms and forum, but couldn't find any information about this topic; therefore, I hope to find an answer here.

To speed up a potentially large number of credit card authorization and capture transactions, I thought of grouping customers and making parallel requests to the CIM API (createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest). My questions are:

1. Is this effective at all, or would the transaction be queued up, as the same login and transaction key will be used?
  2. If they will be processed in parallel, are there any request quotas that I might violate?

Thanks,

Rick

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rick
‎08-21-2015 01:58 AM
Administrator

Re: Limits on parallel CIM API transactions?

There is no restriction on parallel requests based, so this is a very effective way to run a large number of transactions and you will not run into any quotas on your account.  As long as the transactions appear to be legitimate, then they will not really even be noticed by the Authorize.Net system.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rick
‎08-21-2015 01:58 AM
Administrator

There is no restriction on parallel requests based, so this is a very effective way to run a large number of transactions and you will not run into any quotas on your account.  As long as the transactions appear to be legitimate, then they will not really even be noticed by the Authorize.Net system.

Hi Trevor,

thank you for this clear answer!

Rick

Topics: 15
Kudos: 209
Solutions: 121

I'm curious - how many transactions are we talking about? Because even if you run them linearly, and even if each one takes a couple seconds to process, you can still run them for 2-3 hours early morning and process through 10K transactions. Is your volume really that huge?