cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limits on parallel CIM API transactions?

I searched the guides, terms and forum, but couldn't find any information about this topic; therefore, I hope to find an answer here.

To speed up a potentially large number of credit card authorization and capture transactions, I thought of grouping customers and making parallel requests to the CIM API (createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest). My questions are:

1. Is this effective at all, or would the transaction be queued up, as the same login and transaction key will be used?
  2. If they will be processed in parallel, are there any request quotas that I might violate?

Thanks,

Rick

Rick
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no restriction on parallel requests based, so this is a very effective way to run a large number of transactions and you will not run into any quotas on your account.  As long as the transactions appear to be legitimate, then they will not really even be noticed by the Authorize.Net system.

View solution in original post

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
3 REPLIES 3

There is no restriction on parallel requests based, so this is a very effective way to run a large number of transactions and you will not run into any quotas on your account.  As long as the transactions appear to be legitimate, then they will not really even be noticed by the Authorize.Net system.

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi Trevor,

thank you for this clear answer!

Rick

I'm curious - how many transactions are we talking about? Because even if you run them linearly, and even if each one takes a couple seconds to process, you can still run them for 2-3 hours early morning and process through 10K transactions. Is your volume really that huge?