cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Linking multiple MIDs with multiple CIM profiles

I have a client with 10 authorize.net accounts (merchantID/MIDs). This client has roughly 600 CIM profiles across those 10 MIDs. They want to be able to capture funds against any given CIM and link the transaction to the MID of their choice. For example, suppose there's a MID "XYZ" with a linked CIM "ABC". At some point they want to charge the CIM "ABC", but link that transaction to one of their other MIDs, say "DEF". In other words they want to link a CIM profile card capture to an authnet account that the CIM profile was not created against.

I have told the client this is not possible. My understanding is that a CIM profile's transaction can only be linked to the authnet account (MID) that created it.

But I'm open to learn new things, and would love to go back and save the deal. Is there any way to accomplish this? If so, how?

ZeroGravPro
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ZeroGravPro

Yes thats correct for now . 

We are working on a feature called Shared CIM profiles ( vault ) where in one time token can be generated  from a CIM profile to another merchant(MID)  leveraging OAuth for  one time transactions  . 

Will keep you posted on the updates when it comes out . 

Thanks

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net

View solution in original post

Anurag
Moderator Moderator
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @ZeroGravPro

Yes thats correct for now . 

We are working on a feature called Shared CIM profiles ( vault ) where in one time token can be generated  from a CIM profile to another merchant(MID)  leveraging OAuth for  one time transactions  . 

Will keep you posted on the updates when it comes out . 

Thanks

Anurag
Moderator Moderator

Thanks, that is good to know.

thanks

Hi All , 

We are inviting interested merchants for early  preview for our Shared CIM feature now . 

if interested please email me at developer_feedback@authorize.net 

Thanks

Anurag 

Hi @Anurag  I know this is a few years old but I wanted to follow up and see if this Shared CIM concept/feature is available?  My client has a few MIDs and we'd like to be able to use the CIM and be able to use that customer profile for any of the different merchant accounts.

Also, if this is not an option, would an alternative be to just sync the differeht CIMs.  For example if we have two MIDs, when we have a new customer we just put their information into each CIM in case we need to use a different merchant account later?

Thank you,

Eric