cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 Authorize.net Extension Stability and Usability and MD5 Hash

We are ready to deploy our Magento 2.2.6 website and we have run into the issue with the depreciation of the MD5 hash and the Direct Post payment method. We are exploring all of the options so that we can deploy, and we have found this extension available on Magento Marketplace, a source for add ons:

https://marketplace.magento.com/authorizenet-magento-module-authorizenet.html

1. We want to know if this is compatible with Magento 2.2.6, and does it address or resolve the issue of the depreciation of the MD5 hash?

2. Is it stable, and will it continue to be supported by Authorize.net with future releases of Magento?

3. Does anyone have experience using this add on?

Thank you all, for your help.

wenabar16
7 REPLIES 7
Hey @wenabar16,

I regret that you’re having trouble with the hash verification on DPM. I didn’t expect to see you back or I would have given you a heads up that my sample code for DPM erroneously had an extra ^ at the beginning. I did that as a favor for some here. I use a different integration and had no DPM app to test on. The other person’s code I referenced has the correct string.

In regards to that extension, it uses the accept.js integration, which is a modern integration method. It will be around for a good while. DPM is deprecated and won’t be around forever. And I am just quoting docs from this website. I looked at the pdf you attached, and it is for magento 2.2. So the question is if an extension is good for 2.2, is it also good for 2.2.x.

If I were in your shoes I would be getting the accept.js extension or some other extension for a modern integration method. With that said, out of curiousity, what was the issue you ran into with the sha512 validation? Is it the the extension is preconfigured in a way that you can’t really make changes to the underlying code? And to your other question- accept.js doesn’t use md5 and you don’t have to submit a sha512 or md5 hash to complete a transaction. The pdf you linked says that the extension uses webhooks to capture responses for you. The md5 issue will not affect you at all, if you are able to use that extension in your app.

Renaissance
All Star

Hi @Renaissance Thank you for your reply to this thread which is directly related to the Magento extension offered by Authorize.net. Believe me, I didn't want to be back here either! We're vetting every option. After a team meeting today and per your recommendation, I feel that the accept.js approach is the way to go, regardless of how we implement it.

There are some questions that you asked that I can't answer with this reply, so I'll send them to my team. I will post back here with their answers. I know that we haven't even applied the sha512 validation. As I said, we're newbies and we're still vetting our options.

Thank you for making posting in the forums less intimidating. Kind regards, @wenabar16 

Hi,

Were you able to get the extension to work.  We are using Magento 2.2.2 and have tried this extension in a developmemt environment. 

We get an error of "

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null"   and an "endless spinner" .

I have not been able to get any support from the authors.

If you have gotten it to work, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I just wanted to update this.

The developers contacted me.

Right now they are of the opinion that the site is broken and the transaction failing has nothing to do with the Extension being added to the site.

The site has been up and running for over 2 years now.  It works fine with the old Direct Post method.  I have suggessted to them that it might be misconfigured or installed incorrectly.

I am hoping that they look at the extension.  In my humble opinion, it has something to do with the Payment Extension

Use this extension created by Rootways, it's compatible with the latest Magento 2 version and also has great features (Supports Apple Pay too)

Magento Marketplace Link: https://marketplace.magento.com/rootways-module-authorizecim.html

Jams

Use this extension created by the Rootways, it's compatible with the latest Magento 2 version and also has great features (Supports Apple Pay too)

Magento Marketplace Link: https://marketplace.magento.com/rootways-module-authorizecim.html

Jams

The Stretch Hiking Boots comes in different shape. So, select the boot stretching according to which area of the boot you want to expand a little. For stretching the foot’s length and width use the dual-way stretcher of your true boot size. Use a toe stretcher for lifting the narrow toe box whereas the instep stretcher is for foot portion lifting.

esds