cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magstripe CC testing

Hey all. I didn't see a topic on this if there is sorry I missed it. Currently, at work we are testing a Point of Sale system with a pin pad.

My job is to set up a testing credit card so we can swipe and test. Now I make cards here but I for the life of me can not figure out how to a darn credit card. 

Our card printer has ISO, Non ISO, custom and it has three tracks. I see where you get the test card numbers but is there a website that will generate the code and I can go in on the magstripes tracks and put them in? Which ones do I use? Ugh this is so frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Credit and Debit card track data is written using the ISO/IEC 7813:2006 format. Unfortunately, the official standards documentation is not freely available.

One of the most coherent public documents that I'm aware of is actually Wikipedia. The article on Magnetic Stripe Cards has detailed information on the format of Credit Card track data.

Thanks,
Joy

View solution in original post

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
3 REPLIES 3

This is probably a stupid question, but is there any reason why you can't just test by swiping one of your credit cards? I do that when I'm testing. After all, if I don't believe in the security of my code, then I'm cheating the client.

TJPride
Expert

Hi,

Credit and Debit card track data is written using the ISO/IEC 7813:2006 format. Unfortunately, the official standards documentation is not freely available.

One of the most coherent public documents that I'm aware of is actually Wikipedia. The article on Magnetic Stripe Cards has detailed information on the format of Credit Card track data.

Thanks,
Joy
Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Lol. Yea but everytime you swipe it goes to your card so it adds up.