Integration and Testing

Authorize.Net API questions and help with your payment integration.

Making form fields required in DPM method

I am working with the DPM form and want to make some of the fields required, such as CVV code, card holder name, email address and zip code.  How do I do this?  I presume it's some mark up in the AuhtorizeNetDPM.php file, but I don't know the code rules for requiring certain fields.

Can some one help?

Expert

Re: Making form fields required in DPM method

Same as SIM, set in the merchant account.

Account - Settings - Payment Form - Form Fields

But it will get send to authorize.net before processing.

Maybe better if you can check it in javascript.

Thanks.  That's the first clear answer I received yet.

My next questions is about the email receipt.  Do I configure that in the Payment Form section too?

Expert

Yep. The only thing can change it the header and footer.

Thanks again.

SInce you are so responsive, can you also help me make the "What's This" window open as a small pop up?  Here's this code I've set, but not sure how to size it in PHP.

<div>
<label>CCV <a href="https://account.authorize.net/help/Miscellaneous/Pop-up_Terms/Virtual_Terminal/Card_Code.htm" target="_blank"> <font size="-3">What is this?</font></a> </label>
<input type="text" class="text" size="4" name="x_card_code" value=""></input>
</div>

Expert

<a href="javascript&colon;window.open('https://account.authorize.net/help/Miscellaneous/Pop-up_Terms/Virtual_Terminal/Card_Code.htm','Card Code','height=375,width=600,menubar=no,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no');">Card Code</a>

but you will get a security warning from IE, copy it the page to your own web site will probably fixes that.

Re: Making form fields required in DPM method - open new window

Thanks again for the help, but the code didn't work.  I get a message in Dreamweaver that there is a "syntax error on line 196" whne I place the code t\like this.

<label>CCV  <a href="javascript&colon;window.open('https://account.authorize.net/help/Miscellaneous/Pop-up_Terms/Virtual_Terminal/Card_Code.htm','Card Code','height=375,width=600,menubar=no,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no');">Card Code</a>  <font size="-3">What is this?</font> </label>

Have I placed the code incorrectly?

Expert

Re: Making form fields required in DPM method - open new window

Have no exp with Dreamweaver, but you could try removing javascript&colon;   from the href="...."