cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Documentation for .NET SDK

I downloaded the .NET SDK but there seems to be no API documentation to describe what each class, method (each overload), and each method parameter are for.  Without this information it basically comes down to a guessing game and the API is unusable.

The ideal solution would be to provide xml documentation generated from xml comments in the code, then I could view API information in intelesense and other parts of Visual Studio.  Next to that I'll take any API docs....just something to tell me what each .NET Class, Method, and Parameter is for.

sbs
6 REPLIES 6

It looks like you have to download the source code for the SDK, inside it there is a directory "Docs" that contains an API reference in chm format.

This is not included in the binaries download.

sbs

Thanks for the heads up. I've forwarded your feedback on to our development teams and they'll be looking at ways to improve the current process.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

I would like to correct you on this. The Docs directory does not exist if you download the source. It however exists

if you download the binaries. This should be clearly documented somewhere.

TK

TK
Contributor

...and BTW, the .chm is fairly useless (you can see the same information more or less using the Object Browser in VS).

What would help is a description on the usage of the methods in the various classes. For instance, you would use this

gateway and call this method on an instance of this class to create a customer, payment et al....

Thanks,

TK

Hey TK,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm passing on your comments on the documentation to our development teams.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

I just want to second this issue.   As stated, the CHM file is next to useless - basically a reflection dump.  

Don't get me wrong - I love the SDK and how easy it makes things, but right now I'm trying to figure out the 'correct' way to void & credit using the SDK. 

I can't find any samples and I'm just basically about to starting shooting random stuff into it until it works.  

Not a real good way to work with peoples money. 

And PLEASE put the version number in the DLL. 

Thanks!

Nick H