cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing serializer builder

Hi, I'm trying to run some sample code which is allegedly self-contained, but the browser states I am missing a 'serializer builder' when I try to run it. Any suggestions?

Message (I took out the domain):

Warning: include(................/PHP/sample-code-php-master/PaymentTransactions/vendor/vendor/jms/serializer/src/JMS/Serializer/SerializerBuilder.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ......................../PHP/sample-code-php-master/PaymentTransactions/vendor/autoload.php on line 16

Warning: include(): Failed opening '............................/PHP/sample-code-php-master/PaymentTransactions/vendor/vendor/jms/serializer/src/JMS/Serializer/SerializerBuilder.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php') in ......................../PHP/sample-code-php-master/PaymentTransactions/vendor/autoload.php on line 16

Fatal error: Class 'JMS\Serializer\SerializerBuilder' not found in .................../PHP/sample-code-php-master/PaymentTransactions/vendor/lib/net/authorize/api/controller/base/ApiOperationBase.php on line 74

darkseven9
20 REPLIES 20

Anybody else remember using the API with about 8 lines using Curl?  I miss those days. Now we just need 3 distributions, 148 files, 12 folders and 30 Tylenol.

wilhatfield1

Hi guys,

In an effort to make the PHP SDK easier to maintain (for us - so we can keep it current - for you) we have undoubtedly made it more difficult to use (for you).   On the use of Composer, we were trying to look at where the PHP community is going - definitely composer - and wanted to make sure we were utilizing composer to make things as simple as possible.  We knew that lots of people would not be familiar with composer but hoped they would enjoy learning some new and current PHP skills.  I see now that was a little presumptuous, we all just want to get stuff done, I know. 

We're currently working on 2 main things:

1. Reducing the number of external dependencies (heads up - we'll still need some)

2. Making it easier for folks who don't wish to use Composer

We're also maybe going to add a little tutorial on Composer so that if you do want to use it we don't leave you without any help.

Thanks for your patience as we fix this, we really are trying to make things easier for you guys.

Brian

While you are working on new documentation, I think it would really be useful to at least put a note on your documentation at:

http://developer.authorize.net/hello_world/
https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sdk-php

that Composer is REQUIRED and to provide links on how to use it.

You should also REMOVE the line that states that you don't need composer, since obviously, you do.

Just give us a folder with the all of the dependances to download. Why is this so difficult??? I have  been looking at this code for a week trying to get around using composer..., I don't want to spend another week lerning somrthing that i may only neeed to use once. MAKE THE FILES AVAILABLE. --- PLEASE They do not need to be installed usng composer - just give us all of them to download throw them on GitHub AS Complete PHP-SDK with dependancies included. At least we could get somethihng to work while we piddle around with composer in our spare time.

Has Authorize.net posted these files yet? I spent quite a while trying to figure out this composer non-since and would really love to go without it.

simon47591

Looks like most of the files are here: https://github.com/goetas/serializer/tree/master/src/JMS/Serializer

But, there're 1,000,000 files to download. This is starting to get ridiculous . . . Is any of this really necessary? What happened to supplying a simple class like every other API. Why burden everyone with having to learn how to use Composer? 

Update:

Just installed composer. Unfortunately, I get the following errors:

Problem 1
    - Installation request for jms/serializer serializer-master-dev as 1.0 -> satisfiable by jms/serializer[dev-serializer-master].
    - jms/serializer dev-serializer-master requires php >=5.5.0 -> your PHP version (5.3.3) does not satisfy that requirement.
  Problem 2
    - goetas/xsd2php 2.1.0 requires php >=5.5 -> your PHP version (5.3.3) does not satisfy that requirement.
    - goetas/xsd2php 2.0.0 requires php >=5.5 -> your PHP version (5.3.3) does not satisfy that requirement.
    - Installation request for goetas/xsd2php ^2.0 -> satisfiable by goetas/xsd2php[2.0.0, 2.1.0].

Looks like my PHP version will no work, and I cannot advance to 5.5 because of deprecated functions. So, am I SOL? 

Has there been any updates here?  I have two clients looking into using authorize.net for transactions, so I'm trying to get familiar with the API.  Unfortunately, I'm running into all the same issues as everyone else, and I'm just trying to run the "hello world" example.

I too am using the autoloader method since I don't use Composer for any other project (why waste my time learning something I won't use again.) So I have the same request as just about every other dev on this post...can you please provide a link to all required files without having to use Composer?  As you previously mentioned, it's VERY presumptous that you assume everyone would prefer to (or even can) use Composer for the install.

I'll have to let my clients know that authorize.net is a poor choice, basically due to the hurdles just to get it up and running.  If it's this difficult, who knows what other problems we'll encounter.

tlawrence

This is, without a doubt, the dumbest thing you could have possibly done.

I've got an e-commerce site that has been running flawlessly for years. Suddenly certain components can't connect to authorize.net servers. I assume this is due to hard-coded IP addresses, so I update the SDK. Works great for X-cart itself, but for the custom scripts I've written to do recurring charges, I am now getting these errors. I have spent AN ENTIRE ******* DAY trying to fix this issue. Time that could have been better spent. I still can't get it to work properly. And now I'm going to have to upgrade the entire damn server to use at least PHP 5.5, since we're only running 5.3. Another thing that's going to cost me time. My god, whatever happened to, if it's not broken DON'T FIX IT?!?! So I upgrade PHP to 5.6, and suddenly x-cart doesn't work anymore. AWESOME!

To add to what the others said, I've been developing PHP since 1997, yes 20 years. Never heard of composer, and not interested in it. I just need these god damn scripts to work so our god damn customers can receive their god damn product.

We all appreciate your continued updates, but not if it's going to cost us valuable time and result in us having to do all this research to make something work, it's not really worth the updates. 6 months later, and nothing has changed. SO frustrating!