cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-currency support

I'm delighted that AuthNet now supports GBP, EUR, and CAD ... and understand that we can set up accounts that will accept charge requests in each of these currencies.  I also understand from various older posts that authnet will accept payments from international (non-US) customers if AVS settings are adjusts. 

However, what is not clear to me, is whether or not our integration with AuthNet can post a charge request in a currency other than the default currency on the authnet account.  We've done some tests and get the following error when we post, say EUR to an account that has GBP as the default currency:

"The supplied currency code is either invalid, not supported, not allowed for this merchant or doesn't have an exchange rate."

Does this mean that we CAN post any of the supported currencies to the account, but just have to ask the bank to enable them (and set the exchange rates)?

Thanks,

Ron

-------------------------------------------------
Ron
Linvio, Inc.
Salesforce.com/Authnet Integration
linvio
Contributor
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Please note that Authorize.Net is fully live with GBP, Euros, CAD and USD but we currently do not support multi-currency in one account. If a merchant wants to accept multiple currencies, example GBP and EUR, the merchant will need two Authorize.Net Payment Gateway accounts one for GBP and another for EUR transacting merchants.

If you are setup with a GBP Authorize.Net Payment Gateway account and a GBP merchant account and you are sending a different currency code other than GBP, you will get an error.

Thanks,
Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

In the latest version of the AIM documentation it states that the parameter x_currency_code (optiona) can be set to AUD, USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, or NZD now and that "setting this field to a currency that is not supported by the payment processor will result in an error".   

My assumption is that a the payment processor is able to support more than one currency.  Does this mean you can now submit more than one currency iso code to a single Authorize.Net Payment Gateway account?

Thanks,

Ron

-------------------------------------------------
Ron
Linvio, Inc.
Salesforce.com/Authnet Integration