cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Terminal IDs

Our Credit Card processor is wanting a terminal id for our transactions.

How do I add in a terminal id into the current code?

Just for reference, here's what I'm looking at.

briansparks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Correct, userfields are not sent to the processor.

Richard

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hello @briansparks

Support for Terminal ID (TID) is on our roadmap as part of work to support EMV, but I don't have any details on when and which processor will be first to support this feature.

You are welcome to post this as a new feature using our Ideas forum. It may also help to indicate which processor your merchants are using to  help us prioritize.  Creating an idea will also allow others to vote on and make suggestions to improve the request.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

We have 9 different physical locations where we want to process payments. Our intent was to use a terminal id to differentiate where are sales are coming in from. With each terminal id, we can determine which bank account these funds would go to.

What would be the best way to accomplish this same goal?

Thanks @RichardH,

I want to make sure I understand the api correctly. The userFields listed in the API are fields that are sent to and returned by Authorize.net but they aren't saved nor transfered to our merchant account?

Our merchant account allows 3 different user defined fields. Are we able to pass information to these fields through authorize.net?

briansparks

Yes @briansparks, you can use user defined fields to pass data and they are reflected back to you in the API response but not stored as part of the transaction.  This data is also included in email receipts if you've configured your gateway to send them.

Richard

@RichardH - Sweet!

Just to clarify, this information will not be passed to the merchant?

@briansparks It would only be visible to the merchant if you've configured your gateway to send receipts.

For example, at the bottom of the receipt it would appear as:

========== MERCHANT DEFINED =========

x_terminal_id : Location5Lane1

Richard

@RichardH, Sorry same question only processor.

These userFields are not being sent to the processor, right?

Correct, userfields are not sent to the processor.

Richard

Beautiful. Thanks so much for your help.