cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Transactions Using One Transaction ID

Hello -

I was wondering if there is a way for multiple transactions to be categorized under one transaction ID (or perhaps, how to perform multiple actions under one transaction); much the same way split-tender sales will end up with only one transaction ID.

I'm looking to do this because in a shopping cart I am working on many customers' orders have both the 'authorizeOnly' and 'authorizeAndCapture' methods being applied to them, and I'd like to streamline the process, as well as end up 1 transaction ID.

Currently I am performing an 'authorizeOnly' transaction on the total amount to make sure the customer has the funds to pay for the entire order, then performing a void on that order once I've found the customer has the total funds; then performing sperate 'authorizeOnly' and 'authorizeAndCapture' transactions to actually charge the user; ending up with 2 Transaction IDs.

Is there perhaps a better way to do this?

I'm writing the project in PHP using AIM.

Thanks for any help!

bovifrahuf
2 REPLIES 2

Why do a authorizeOnly then void it?

Why not just one authorizeAndCapture, it does both check and capture the funds on the CC.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Is there some reason why you can't PriorAuthCapture the authorized transaction? Even if you don't know the exact amount in advance, as long as you authorized for an amount equal to or greater than the actual amount, and as long as the intervening period is 7 days or less, you can still PriorAuthCapture. If it's more than 7 days, then you'll probably want to use CIM instead of AIM.

TJPride
Expert