cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple subscriptions using the same credit card

Hi,

I've been testing this a bit but still not sure what the outcome is...

The point is to set up multiple ARB subscriptions.  They would all be identical - billed to the same person, same amount, etc. - however each gets a unique subscription id.  

The scenario is this. I have a client with 10 locations - and seven locations are to recieve our services, billed monthly (therefore ARB). However the owner has his one credit card. With the response when processing, I can take the subscription id and integrate into our records in our database (each location has it's own record).  This way I can query our db and see which locations are on the service (7 of them) and which are not (the other 3). 

However while testing it I got a message that I was putting through a duplicate transaction when I went to enter the second location and that was an error. I'm wondering if I use a different refID each time if that will remove the error. So far I have been sending an exact duplicate API push, just expecting to get back a different Subscription ID.

Anyone dealt with an issue like this before?  I am using XML for the API calls/responses

Thanks

KB

KB_developer
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3
RaynorC1emen7
Expert

I pretty much have the same situation as @KB_developer but I am changing the refId with each transaction but I am still getting the duplicate error.  How can I get this to work?  Each subscription I submit needs its own subscription ID so the customer can manage them separately.

bzark

I found the solution, it involves using a different invoiceNumber for subsequent transactions.  I tried the solution and it worked.  Hope this helps someone else out in the future.

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Need-help-with-ARB-XML/m-p/1940...

bzark