MySQL Benchmark + ER/EER Diagram

Hi all,

I'm very much an absolute beginner at using this software and have a beginner type question to ask.

I'm starting to gain a general understanding of how ER/EER Diagrams work and what they represent, but my confusion is on how to use MySQL code to create the diagrams? Can you not start creating the diagram without having to enter code to do?

Would you happen to know any resources which can help a beginner like myself learn from? I'm focusing on creating ER/EER diagrams without an existing database in place.

Thanks for your help !

Re: MySQL Benchmark + ER/EER Diagram

To create an EER diagram for the sakila database, first add an EER diagram by double-clicking the Add Diagram icon in the EER Diagrams panel to create and open a new EER Diagram editor.

The EER Diagram canvas is where object modeling takes place. To add a table to the canvas, select the Catalog tab in the middle panel on the right side of the application to display any schemas that appear in the MySQL Model tab. Find the sakila schema and expand the view of its objects by clicking + to the left of the schema name. Expand the tables list in the same way. carl's jr survey