cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MySQL/MariaDB was crashing because of the Fast startup on Windows 10

I have been facing issues with MySQL crashing when first queried after the startup. I had the issue with both MySQL 5.7 and MariaDB 10.4.

At first, I tried the delayed start of the service. Then I tried launching the service via Task Scheduler. Sometimes the issue "magically disappeared" and reappeared again.

Then I switched the service to manual and the next day I noticed the service was started anyway. That seemed really weird as I haven't found it on any "startup" list.

In the end, I found out the service was launched by the "Fast startup" of Windows 10 any time it was running before the Shut down. That means it wasn't launched after the restart which explained the magic disappearances of the issue.

Turning off "Fast startup" solved the issue.

ElistonCole
1 REPLY 1

@ElistonCole wrote:

I have been facing issues with MySQL crashing when first queried after the startup. I had the issue with both MySQL 5.7 and MariaDB 10.4.

At first, I tried the delayed start of the service. Then I tried launching the service via Task Scheduler. Sometimes the issue "magically disappeared" and reappeared again.

Then I switched the service to manual and the next day I noticed the service was started anyway. That seemed really weird as I haven't found it on any "startup" list upsers portal.

In the end, I found out the service was launched by the "Fast startup" of Windows 10 any time it was running before the Shut down. That means it wasn't launched after the restart which explained the magic disappearances of the issue.

Turning off "Fast startup" solved the issue.

Thanks for this.

Miner55