cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Something More in Automated Recurring Billing

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Authorize.net Automated recurring billing to my Company's website. I have already integrated SIM.  
Few things that Concerned me about ARB :

1. Credit Card information is Collected from Merchant's server and Passed onto Authorize.net . (There is a Possibility that a Merchant can have Customer's Credit Card info - Major Security Risk) .
  2. Card Code is not Processed in Automated Recurring billing , so it gets Complicated for merchant.

So i've planned to go with SIM for first Transaction  and with that Results , to Create an ARB Subscription.
For that i need Card Number and Expiry date , which i can't have.

SO how do i create an ARB Subscription with a Completed Transaction , without getting Credit Card info. If this is impossible , then i suppose Authorize.net ARB won't be much of help.
(I know i can manually add Subscription from a Completed Transaction in my Merchant account, i would like an API to do this).

Manikanda raj S,
Vembu Technologies.

manis1988
14 REPLIES 14

Hi Martin,

ARB can only be used for recurring billing with fixed amounts, as you've already noticed. What you need is our Customer Information Manager or CIM. With this service, you store your customer's information on our secure servers and can then set up recurring billing information using your customer profiles. This allows you to do recurring billing in variable amounts. You can check out the blog post here for more info and a comparison to ARB.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

than you for the explanation!

I integrated hosted CIM in the test mode and have one more question. Shipping Information seems to be optional. Is it possible to hide the whole section?

I tried the approach described at http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Hiding-the-Shipping-Info-portion... but this seems to have no effect on the hosted CIM form.

Thank you!

Martin

No, it is not possible to hide the shipping information option if you are using the manage profiles page.  The only way to avoid this would be instead to only prompt your customers directly with pages to create or update their payment profiles and not load the whole page.

I was really not expecting this..  but it happened by accident and seems to contradict what's been explained here about the shipping info display on the Hosted CIM system.

I'm using a test account to get the CIM system working.   I've managed to get all the individual parts working and am now just in the process of integrating all that mess into my own system.   No problems there.

This isn't really a 'problem',  but I'm using my TEST account information for all of these processes.

When we logged in to the LIVE account,  and changed the form field parameters to remove the shipping information fields from the Hosted CIM screen,    they were removed from the screen as requested..  but they were removed from the screen on the test account.

This is no big deal because the test account doesn't need the shipping fields to be shown either.. but how is it that by changing those settings in the live account did the resulting screen change on the test account?

I'm assuming that it is because of the domain name that is sending the information to the server.

Like I said,  it isn't causing any problems at all.. it was just unexpected.

Also,   this pretty much answers the questions that was asked about how to remove the shipping address fields from the hosted CIM page.   You just manually uncheck them as being displayed in your merchant login screen.

At least,  that's what made our's dissappear.

WHeis

WHeisenberg
Regular Contributor

WHeisenberg,

I'm having a hard time finding where on Authorize.NET I can disable the shipping address, could you point me in the right direction?