cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with DPM relay response redirecting user back to my server without printing receipt

I’m trying to implement the DPM. With what I am having problem is that after the client credit card is charged, I would like authorize.net server or the relay response to redirect the end user back to my server without printing a receipt. I tried the Response/Receipt URLs, but it first prints the receipt and then the client has to click the link on the receipt to go back to my page. Is there a way to skip this step?

I tried also the Relay Response, but the result is kind of weird, it looks like if the authorize.net server took a picture of my URL page and displays it on the screen. The links on this page does not work at all and the receipt on my side cannot be display.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AuthComm25
Contributor
9 REPLIES 9

http://developer.authorize.net/api/dpm/

on see the how it works

relay response - do a client side javascript redirect

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks for your response. Is there any javascript sample on the manual or anywhere that I can take a look at. Thanks 

Could anybody help here? 

It nothing special, just google javascript redirect

All of this is very confusing. The problem is not that to implement any of these methods is difficult but kind of difficult to follow up the sequence of the manual, too much information, too many links, too many  thing to take into consideration and sometimes poor and vague information. Like for example the DPM session on the manual. This session is incomplete. With the information there nobody can put together a DPM. Authorize.net must and should do better than this.

Now, for the DPM is not as simple as google 'javascript redirect'. I found this link 'http://www.powerpay.biz/api/Authnet-DirectPost.pdf' and under the session for DPM using .net, there is a ton of thing that must be done. I would like to know if this manual on this link is ok to follow in order to implement the DPM relay and if is it up to date. 

Thanks

DPM is just like SIM with a few different. If you got SIM to work, DPM should work too.

At what step are you having issue with? sound like you have the relay response url setup and running correctly. and only need to do javascript redirect to get back to your site.

Thanks for your help up to this point.

Yes, I implemented SIM and it is working fine, what I want to do now is to change to DPM. If you take a look at the architecture of DPM and how it works at the picture on this link: http://developer.authorize.net/api/howitworks/dpm/ , it is my understanding that the only thing that I need at this moment is to code the page that handle the ‘relay response’. May you post a sample relay response page? How to implement this? Do you have any samples or reference articles to look at? Since I am using .net and VB, do you have any relay page in VB?

Thanks 

Both SIM/DPM can use relay response or recipt page.

authorize.net post the values (as in form post) to your relay page url.

Everything that you said is clear to me and I know that, but you are not answering my questions. My questions were very clear. Here they are again: 

May you post a sample relay response page? Do you have any samples or reference articles to look at? Since I am using .net and VB, do you have any relay page in VB?

Thanks