cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with integration with website x5

Hi,

I am using website x5 and trying to integrate the payment system here. Apparently all i need to do is enter the simple code for the payment form although i am getting very confused with this. 

This is the code i am using but i feel i am missing something:

<!--#INCLUDE FILE=”simlib.asp”-->
<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION= "https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll">
<% ret = InsertFP (4SK8Gjrbj29, sequence, amount, txnkey) %>
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="x_version" VALUE="3.1">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="x_login" VALUE="0000000000change for this post">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="x_show_form" VALUE="PAYMENT_FORM">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="x_method" VALUE="CC">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="x_amount" VALUE="[PRICE]">
<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Click here for the secure payment form">
</FORM>

What do i change this line to: <% ret = InsertFP (4SK8Gjrbj29, sequence, amount, txnkey) %>

Or does anyone know what i am supposed to enter to get x5 to work?

Cheers

Hedge
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Hedge

The complete documentation for our Server Integration Method (SIM) is available at http://www.authorize.net/support/SIM_guide.pdf   It includes instructions on how to calculate the fingerprint and including it in your form POST.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi @RichardH

That is the documentation i am using to try and get this payment gateway working.  

The free Authorize.Net sample code available on the Developer Center doesn't work. It just gives an error code. 

I am struggling to create a custom code because it says:

If you choose to develop custom code for generating the transaction fingerprint, see the following table for field requirements. Use the following syntax when you insert the form fields into the transaction request:

INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=”x_name_of_field” VALUE=”value of the field”

x_fp_hash   Value: The unique transaction fingerprint. (where do i find the unique transaction fingerprint?) 

x_fp_sequence Value: The merchant-assigned sequence number for the transaction (where to i find the cerchant-assigned sequenbce number for each transaction?)

x_fp_ timestamp Value: The timestamp at the time of fingerprint generation. (how to i find this?)

It seems that all of these things wont be generated untill after the transaction so i am confused as to how i am supposed to know what they are before the transaction, in order to make the transaction possible. I'm sure i'm missing something that's obvious to you guys. Could someone offer some assistence please? 

Also it appears i would need to include the file simlib.asp. How do i do this and where can i find that file? 

Kind regards 

x_fp_hash   Value: The unique transaction fingerprint. (where do i find the unique transaction fingerprint?) 

You have to generate it. page 27 on the doc

The transaction fingerprint that is submitted in the
 x_fp_hash
 field is generated using an HMAC-MD5 hashing algorithm on the following field values

x_fp_sequence Value: The merchant-assigned sequence number for the transaction (where to i find the cerchant-assigned sequenbce number for each transaction?)

You create it, it could be your invoice#, order#, random#

x_fp_ timestamp Value: The timestamp at the time of fingerprint generation. (how to i find this?)

Page 27 on the doc

UTC time in seconds since January 1, 1970

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have read page 27 and i dont understand it. I'm not a coder. This is why i am asking for help. 

I dont know how to run the algorithm and there is nothing to explain in easy to understand terms. 

It it not possible to provide a code i can use and just enter my API and transaction code into the correct places? 

I'm happy to use the simple check out finction if this is easier. I tried befire but was previously strugging to get Authorise.net to tally the correct tatal from the items in shoppingcart.

Thanks