cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to implement real time card holder authentication

Hi,

I am using authroize.net AIM & CIM methods  to process transactions.using asp.net (c#). My requirement is to verify card holder's identity in real time so that we can confirm it is authorized card holder & not  doing transaction by using any stolan credit card details.

Please find my requirement as below.

Requirement to implement real time card holder authentication :

1)  Should be applicable for all types of credit cards such as Visa,Master, American Express, Discover etc.

2) Should be applicable for authorize.net's AIM & CIM methods using  asp.net (c#).

kindly suggest the solution with respect to authorize.net

Thanks

Amol R

AmolR
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @AmolR

When using AIM, you can run “AVS only” transactions for many of the most card type and processor combination, these are for $0 transactions. It is important to know that not all card types and processor will support $0 dollar transaction, this is something you will need to check with your Merchant Service Provideer. The customer billing address will be required on this. For CIM, you can use the liveMode validation, this will also require billing address in the request and $0 dollar will also depend on the card type and the processor.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

Thank you so much for your immediate help. I want to know that from where & how I can do this ? What configuration should I need to make  ?

Kindly assist me.

Thanks 

I would start by reviewing our payment transaction documentation at http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/payment_transactions.html

Richard