cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need very beginners level help for payment integration in my website

Hello,

I am completely new for Authorize.net and I am not able to find any step by step guide for beginners on Authorize website or anywhere else. Thus I am asking this question here and expect for some beginners level help that will help me to get started.

This is very basic process flow of my website :

• Member will select any service from available services on our website and will click on pay now button.
  • Member can buy only one service at a time.
  • Service can be either single payment or recurring payment.

So I have couple of questions based on above process flow.

1. Do we need to use AIM or SIM or DPM integration method based on above mentioned process flow? We are going to use recurring options too. So how can we integrate ARB option with AIM or SIM or DPM method?
  2. Based on any selected payment integration method, do we need to download SDK (either AIM or SIM or DPM) and put under our website folder on hosting server?
  3. Based on above mentioned process flow, do we need to collect member’s personal, contact, shipping and credit card info via form on our website? Or do we need to redirect members to Authorize.net website page where they will enter all necessary info to complete their order?

http://developer.authorize.net/hello_world/ (If you are configured to use composer, you can include the package by adding the following code to your composer.json file and running composer update.) - This sentence is mentioned in above provided link. So is it compulsory to use composer with any of payment integration method?

Thank you very much in advance.

kra091978
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @kra091978

We would encourage you to review our API Documentation and API Reference to learn more about the features and how to use them.  In regards to your question about Composer, it is only required if you use the PHP SDK.  If you use the Authorize.Net API you do not need composer.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Your answer cleared things about Composer.  But I need to clear one more thing to start integration. Please reply for this.

1) If we use Authorize API (not SDK PHP), then do we need to prepare form on our website to collect buyer’s personal, contact, shipping and credit card info and send them to Authorize.net in XML format at this link https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd like given in "Try It" tab on http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html. Please confirm this.

Thank you again,

@kra091978 Yes, that is correct.

Richard

Hello @RichardH,

Thank you very much for your response.

We have completed form programming to collect buyer information along with credit card information. Now we have all required data available on page called for example checkout_p.php page to send to Authorize.net website. 

But again we have few questions and we can not move ahead until these questions are cleared. Please reply for them.

1) We know how to create XML file (.xml file) in PHP but here I guess we need to convert required data in XML format (not .xml file) and send them to Authorize.net. So how can we do this? Please either provide reference links or give some guidance so we can study and do necessary programming here.

2) Will cURL and / or SimpleXml_load_string functions be used any how in XML request or response any? Please let us know.

Thank you again,