cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net SDK with Augusta reader causes crashes

I have an app that i built with th In-Person SDK. I used the chipper 2 emv reader for a year then I decided to upgrade to the Augusta reader now my app crashes randomly sometimes when having trouble reading a card, here is the crash report. Any help or insight would be appreciated.:

Application: POS.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(System.TimeSpan)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Action, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Action)
at POS.MainWindow.transactionCompleted(AuthorizeNet.Api.Contracts.V1.createTransactionResponse, Boolean, System.String, ANetEmvDesktopSdk.ErrorResponse)
at ANetEmvDesktopSdk.SDK.SdkLauncher.ANetEmvDesktopSdk.WalkerReader.WalkerCardReaderActivityListener.didFailTranaction(ANetEmvDesktopSdk.ErrorResponse)
at ANetEmvDesktopSdk.Transaction.AugustaCardListenerInBackground.notifyListenerAndStop()
at ANetEmvDesktopSdk.Transaction.AugustaCardListenerInBackground.onError(IDTechSDK.RETURN_CODE, IDTechSDK.DeviceState)
at ANetEmvDesktopSdk.AugustaBase.AugustaCardListenerBase.MessageCallBack(IDTechSDK.IDT_DEVICE_Types, IDTechSDK.DeviceState, Byte[], IDTechSDK.IDTTransactionData, IDTechSDK.EMV_Callback, IDTechSDK.RETURN_CODE)
at IDTechSDK.IDT_Device.__sendCallback(System.Object)
at IDTechSDK.IDT_Device+<>c__DisplayClass142_0.<_sendCallback>b__0()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

tygar45
Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

The windows start menu stops working too. When this error occurs it requires a restart of the computer. This leads me to beleive its a firmware issue or dll issue.

We operate 20 point of sales that have heavy volume everyday. It appears to happen about every 150 emv transactions.

tygar45
Contributor

I added a pull request to github, is the the proper course of action or do I need ot contact somebody?

Did you find the solution? got any solution or still waiting? share if any solution found.

@tygar45 wrote:

I have an app that i built with th In-Person SDK. I used the chipper 2 emv reader for a year then I decided to upgrade to the Augusta reader now my app crashes randomly sometimes when having trouble reading a card, here is the crash report. Any help or insight would be appreciated.:

Application: POS.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(System.TimeSpan)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Action, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Action)
at POS.MainWindow.transactionCompleted(AuthorizeNet.Api.Contracts.V1.createTransactionResponse, Boolean, System.String, ANetEmvDesktopSdk.ErrorResponse)
at ANetEmvDesktopSdk.SDK.SdkLauncher.ANetEmvDesktopSdk.WalkerReader.WalkerCardReaderActivityListener.didFailTranaction(ANetEmvDesktopSdk.ErrorResponse)
at ANetEmvDesktopSdk.Transaction.AugustaCardListenerInBackground.notifyListenerAndStop()
at ANetEmvDesktopSdk.Transaction.AugustaCardListenerInBackground.onError(IDTechSDK.RETURN_CODE, IDTechSDK.DeviceState)
at ANetEmvDesktopSdk.AugustaBase.AugustaCardListenerBase.MessageCallBack(IDTechSDK.IDT_DEVICE_Types, IDTechSDK.DeviceState, Byte[], IDTechSDK.IDTTransactionData, IDTechSDK.EMV_Callback, IDTechSDK.RETURN_CODE)
at IDTechSDK.IDT_Device.__sendCallback(System.Object)
at IDTechSDK.IDT_Device+<>c__DisplayClass142_0.<_sendCallback>b__0()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

thanks for the reply

Terrel4W

thanks forsharing this information Kroger Feedback

Terrel4W