cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and confused. Trying to replace Paypal

Hi.  I am trying to replace the use of paypal on my site as it has given me tons and tons of problems.  I want nothing more to do with it.  Although I have no clue as to where to start.  I do not not know what type of setup would be good for me and I do not no how to go about changing it.  Any help would be great.

CDNelson
5 REPLIES 5
RaynorC1emen7
Expert

So I'm thinking direct post method or simple payment is what will be best for me.  I want to make it as simple as possible.  I do not handle the website this is to be added on and the webmaster is hard to get a hold of.  So I want it to be easy for him to do.  Really all I need is a simple this is what I want with this option, and I want this many.  The website it is to be placed on is www.cdnelson.com.  On the order page. Something similar to that would be the best.

any suggestions?

Well, my first suggestion is to get the site redesigned. It looks like it was made about a decade ago. Putting that aside - Simple Checkout will be fine if people will only ever be ordering one item. If they can order multiple items, you're going to need a shopping cart and DPM at minimum, so the site can dynamically set the amount they're paying, and if you're going that route I personally prefer just getting an SSL certificate and running the charging process entirely from the site with AIM. But either method is fairly easy to implement - the key is having a shopping cart that either supports Authorize.net or can be easily modified to use it.

As it so happens, I'm designing a shopping cart for a client that uses Authorize.net, and if you can hang on 2-3 weeks, I can modify it for your needs and implement it for a reasonable fee. Assuming you can afford a site redesign, I can probably help you with that as well. Just go here and fill out the contact form, and include any info / ideas you've had about improvements that could be made to the site.

http://www.fentonwebdesignfirm.com/contact-us.php

If you're interested, I have some past clients listed here. Can also supply more examples via email.

http://www.fentonwebdesignfirm.com/portfolio.php

Oh, forgot to ask - what sorts of problems have you been having with Paypal?