cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Authorize net and login failuer with both directpost and AIM tests

Hello,

I am new to authorize net and I am stumped right off the bat. I downloaded the direct post file and tried to replace the sample variables with ours and it didnt work.  

The error I keep getting with the direct_post.php is:

3,2,13,The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.,,P,0,,,5.99,,auth_capture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2D7E6D34CFEA4A68908E8F868DFFFFF6,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

With the sample.php (x_ variables) I get:

No input file specified.

I called tech support and they said the account is active, the $api_login_id login is correct and we reset the $transaction_key several times and it still fails.

I am at a loss since tech support said what I was using is correct, yet I get the errors listed no matter what I try.

Any suggestions would be appreciate.

Regards,

Don

PHP_User
3 REPLIES 3

I'm guessing it's trying to connect to the production server using your test login, which doesn't work. You should try turning on sandbox mode, which should just involve adding this to your code before the DPM call:

define('AUTHORIZENET_SANDBOX', true);
TJPride
Expert

When you say add it before my DPM call (direct post method ?), like this?

<?php

require_once 'AuthorizeNet.php'; // The SDK

$url = "https://mysite,com/direct_post2.php";

$api_login_id = 'xxxxt';

$transaction_key = 'yyyyy';

$md5_setting = 'TRUE'; // Your MD5 Setting

$amount = "5.99";

define('AUTHORIZENET_SANDBOX', true);

AuthorizeNetDPM::directPostDemo($url, $api_login_id, $transaction_key, $amount, $md5_setting);

?>

Should work anywhere before the call, though for aesthetic purposes I'd personally put it right after the require_once up at the top.