cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newbie--changed page, now error yet transaction is approved

I'm a designer--not a developer-- and I tried to update the amounts on my client's .aspx SIM donation page (constructed by a developer no longer with us). Everything works fine until after submitting the payment then the following error comes up:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.
It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Even when I tried to restore the old page, the same message came up. Any help would be vastly appreciated, but keep it simple--I just know a little html, not asp.

pelonegro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, I probably would have messed it up anyway. I guess I'll just have to go to your list of authorized developers and see if somebody there can throw me a lifeline. Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
pelonegro

read thru the check list

Relay Response Basics and Troubleshooting

If a go to that x_relay_url

http://www.parkinsonvoiceproject.org/Donate/RelayResponseHandler.ashx

it give me an error "Form identifier was empty!"

If a go to that x_relay_url

http://www.parkinsonvoiceproject.org/Donate/RelayResponseHandler.ashx

it give me an error "Form identifier was empty!"

Excuse my ignorance, but do you mean that the Form ID needs to be included in the .ashx file?

unfortunately, I'm not sure what "Form identifier" is referring to. You might need to do a search on the project to see if that error show up anywhere in the code.

Thanks. I was hoping against hope that you guys could provide me with a fix simple enough for a designer to do, but it looks like I will probably have to hire an asp coder to do what I can't understand.

Two more dumb questions: I noticed on our server there are no simlib, sample, or md5 files. Are those just invisible to my ftp client (Fetch) or are they stored on Authorize.net? Could the lack of these cause that message?

if I remember it correctly, those are for the old ASP. Not for asp.net, which is what you are using.

Well, I probably would have messed it up anyway. I guess I'll just have to go to your list of authorized developers and see if somebody there can throw me a lifeline. Thanks.