cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie going live getting E00027 error

I thought I had my programming working well, but as soon as we attempted to go live, more errors showed up and I don't know where to turn. I am using ColdFusion and have set the following variables before my Auth.net call:

<cfset args.login = APIID>
        <cfset args.transactionkey = TransKey>
        <cfset args.merchantCustomerId = CamperID>
        <cfset args.testrequest = "NO">
        <cfset args.cardNumber = FORM.CardNumber>
        <cfset args.expirationDate = FORM.ExpiryMonth & Right(ExpiryYear,2)>

What I receive back from createCustomerProfile is an error E00027 and the error message "There is one or more missing or invalid required fields"

I realize that this is coming from the 3rd party software AuthNetTools.cfc, but I'm hoping that this is enough information for someone to suggest what to do next.

For example, am I missing an argument that is required to create a customer profile? Might this error message mean more than it says?

jpullam
Contributor
13 REPLIES 13

Wow!! Where did that requirement come from? If we have to add those additional fields, that will change the design of the application because all we ask for at that point is the credit card, the expiry date and the name, and everything is working correctly.

What would setting validationmode to testmode imply? Is that a legitimate thing to do when you are running live data through the application? Are there any side effects for a live application if I do that?

Where did that requirement come from?

It is from Visa. It only required when the amount is zero(when the validationmode is livemode).

What would setting validationmode to testmode imply?

When validationmode is set to testmode, it will not test the CC# with a auth_only with 0.00 or 0.01 transaction, before saving it to CIM. That mean it could be bad CC info until you ran a real transaction using the payment profile.

So if we do set it to testmode, then when we run an actual transaction against it, will it now require the address and zip at that time? And if so, where will it get it from?

The app was not written to expect much validation when the card was added to the customer's profile, just when it is used. And today (before this new CC saving function is added to the app) the normal flow for a credit card doesn't require an adddress; we merely ask for CC# and expiry.

I'd like to keep it to CC# format validation and expiry validation at the time we save the credit card, and do all of the normal error checking when the customer tries to use the card.

So if we do set it to testmode, then when we run an actual transaction against it, will it now require the address and zip at that time? And if so, where will it get it from?

Not required unless you charging them zero dollars. *Should test it to make sure it work.

The app was not written to expect much validation when the card was added to the customer's profile, just when it is used. And today (before this new CC saving function is added to the app) the normal flow for a credit card doesn't require an adddress; we merely ask for CC# and expiry.

I'd like to keep it to CC# format validation and expiry validation at the time we save the credit card, and do all of the normal error checking when the customer tries to use the card.

Then setting validationmode to testmode would work.