cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Payment Information for Customer Profile Available

I am trying to create a customer profile and not including any credit card information.  The schema :xsd appears to require a a certain lenght of characters.  I also tried creating a Customer Profile  using the SDK and did not include any characters in the node.  I got the same error where the items was required.

Is there a way to create a Customer Profile inside Authorize.net without any payment information?  I rather not use a mock-up credit card number to accomplish this.  Can someone point to me as to what the standard is?

Thanks,

The API error I received is as follows:

API Response Code E00003 : The 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd:cardNumber' element is invalid - The value XXXXX is invalid according to its datatype 'String' - The actual length is less than the MinLength value.

aestrada
2 REPLIES 2
CC numbers are at least 16 digits I think. Is there a reason you can’t use the dummy 4111 1111 1111 1111?

It sounds like you are trying to create a profile with blank info for your customers benefit, so that they can enter their own information later, for certain items. This potentially has PCI implications that you may want to steer clear of.
Renaissance
All Star

Hello @aestrada 

To create a customer profile without a payment profile, just remove the payment profiles object:

Here is a sample using default sandbox credentials:

<createCustomerProfileRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd"> 
   <merchantAuthentication>
     <name>*</name>
     <transactionKey>*</transactionKey>
    </merchantAuthentication>
   <profile>
     <merchantCustomerId>Merchant_Customer_ID</merchantCustomerId>
     <description>Profile description here</description>
     <email>something@test.com</email>

</profile>
	<validationMode>testMode/validationMode>