cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response on getTransactionDetails API

No information is retrieved for the respective transactionId provided in the getTransactionDetails API. When I try to print the count of lineItem, I get 0 except for a message (AuthorizeNet.Transaction). I have been working on .net to acquire these details.

Please let me know if I'm wrong with my process of acquiring the details and kindly help me on this. The code for your reference is provided below.

'open a call to the Gateway
        Dim gate = New AuthorizeNet.ReportingGateway(login, key, AuthorizeNet.ServiceMode.Live)

'Get Spec Transaction details
        Dim trans = gate.GetTransactionDetails(transactionID)

Dim litem As AuthorizeNet.LineItem
        For Each litem In trans.LineItems
            Response.Write(litem)
        Next

Response.Write(trans)
        Response.Write(trans.LineItems.Count.ToString()

Thanks in advance.

Immanuel
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok. so the API did return a response, it just isn't any itemdetail because it wasn't in the transaction, that why I ask if there is any item detail.

You can look at the source code

https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sdk-dotnet/blob/master/Authorize.NET/Reporting/Transaction.cs

or use the VS object broswer on the AuthorizeNet.Transaction

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

So there are other info return from the getTransactionDetail? just lineitem info is blank?

Are the lineitem info on that transaction? you can check that on the merchant account

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Ray,

I don't find any other details being returned whereas I 'm able to view the transaction details on the Merchant account.

Thanks.

It the detail API enable on the merchant account? debug didn't show any error?

You mean the transactiondetail on the Merchant account? Yes, it is enabled. And I don't find any errors while I compile with debug true. All I view when I print the output is TransactionDetial, nothing else.

By TransactionDetail I meant the text "AuthorizeNet.Transaction"... Nothing else is available.

"AuthorizeNet.Transaction" that the class name.

have you try

Response.Write(trans.ResponseReason)

So this is a live production account? and the loginID and transactionKey work in other request?

Try runtime debug on GetTransactionDetails method, because if there isn't any detail, don't know what the problem might be.

Using the provided variable I'm able to get the response as "Approval" for the ResponseReason. Also addition to that when I tried to pull the transactionId it even provided the appropriate one.

Now the actual requirement is the cardnumber, and that is what I have been trying to acquire. I'm unable to get the actual variables, could you please suggest me?

Thanks,

Immanuel

Ok. so the API did return a response, it just isn't any itemdetail because it wasn't in the transaction, that why I ask if there is any item detail.

You can look at the source code

https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sdk-dotnet/blob/master/Authorize.NET/Reporting/Transaction.cs

or use the VS object broswer on the AuthorizeNet.Transaction

Ray,

Thanks a ton!!! I got it working!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Immanuel