cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No subscription block (yet) on getTransactionDetailsRequest when webhook arrives

To determine whether a net.authorize.payment.authcapture.created webhook is a subscription renewal or not I check the payload id using getTransactionDetailsRequest.

Currently, when the webhook arrives there is no transaction->subscription block, but when I run getTransactionDetailsRequest later in the day there IS a subscription block.

Is it possible the subscription details have not been assiciated with this transaction yet at the time the webhook is delivered?

Also, note...  When I create a subscription, I do a normal authcapture and create the subscription to begin 1 month from today.  So far I've only tested this issue where transaction->subscription->payNum=1 and recurringBilling=false

CoreyC
Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @CoreyC

Are you performing this in sandbox environment ?

rajvpate
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi @CoreyC

This happens due to replication latency between databases and the time taken for this is variable but usually completes within a few minutes. I believe your result was due to this.

Do let us know in case you still have questions or see issues.

~ Rajvi

rajvpate
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

@raj this was in production, but it seems to of only occured for 1 day and then went back to working properly.  I understand this is a latency issue, but without it there is NO way to know whether this payment is for a subscription or not which makes things very difficult.

All good for now, will keep you posted.

CoreyC
Contributor

I'm seeing this recently, too. I realize this was from 2017, but I have debugged a few of these now where when attempting to getTransactionDetails after the webhook arrives, the subscription is null.

rev23dev
Contributor

If you run it again and the subscription section is now populated, it is due to db replication latency.